Friday 12 February 2010

Ungentleman at NTUC Jurong Point

Chinese New Year may not be as meaningful to the younger generation but still, it’s a festive that is widely celebrated. Most shops, markets, eating places and facilities will be closed. In case, you don't cook and did not stock enough. See this link: http://sg.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100210005609AAbaxfL

Tomorrow is the New Year’s Eve and almost the whole Singapore is stocking up the fridge with rations to compact the 'Only MaC.D day' for the next few days. I accompanied my mum to the Extra PAP's supermarket at Jurong Point to grab the stocks! It was filled with people mountain people sea which took me almost 45mins for the que to pay my stuffs.

It’s about 2230 when we walked out of the checkout counter. After repacking the rations into our shopping cart, I reminded my mum to check with the customer service to see if there are any free items to redeem in our receipts while there wasn't any queue.

When my mum was approaching the counter, a stern voice roared: "SORRY!!! THE QUE IS OVER HERE!!!”. It was so loud that I could hear from almost 2 meter away from my mum under the noisy pilipala CNY song drilling.

My mum was very embarrassed at first and though that it’s really careless of her to cut somebody's queue. She quickly walked away from the counter and both of us looked towards the direction where the voice came from. Only then, we realized that man was quite rude, actually.

He has a gua lan face and not even expressing the reminder to my mum on a friendly approach. He did not smile and looked very snobbish.

"Do you need to be so loud?!" I threw back at that freako man. My mum continued: "Yah loh, do you have to be so loud? I don't know there is a Queue...".

Freako Man: "I said twice already and I only say louder a bit, am I that loud? Do you still need to nag?!

Me: "YES! VERY LOUD, I can even hear from here!"

Freako Man continue to 碎碎念。。。

My mum continued to counter attack that man: "Not that we are queuing for some free gifts that only have a limited amount of items, if my receipt got something to redeem, means got. Don't have, I cut your queue, I also gain nothing. Why do you have to be so loud? Ungentle man! ...", as he wasn't apologetic at all.

Actually, it’s ok that the freako man reminds my mum that the queue starts somewhere. It’s ok if he speaks loudly and sternly. But that kind of ungentle man and snobbish attitude was really unforgiving. At least a smile from him when we look his way could have save him from the poison tongue attacks.

If I am daring enough, I wished I have taken a pic of him to share it with you over here!

No comments:

Post a Comment